Max Coupler Off Road CouplerCU Off Road
The Max Coupler will allow your trailer to go places it has never been! The tri-axis design allows the trailer to follow along on any trail you decide to travel. The Max Coupler features bushing locators AND and a tapered yoke to make connecting and aligning the coupler as easy as a typical ball coupler.
Sometimes referred to as the "silent hitch", it isolates any shockload with a polyurethane bushing made by Energy Suspension. This is light work for the Tough-Flex formula!
The tight tolerances do not allow any build up of inertia to crash into the back of the tow vehicle and makes it feel as though it is one unit instead of a vehicle with a trailer. It makes it easy to forget you are towing something and enjoy the scenery!
We now offer the Max Coupler in 5 versions:
1. The "Classic" Max Coupler model (Part # MC100) requires a 2" hitch receiver tube on the trailer to receive the coupler which slides in. This is the original Max Coupler and still the most popular model we sell.
2. The 2 inch Bolt-on model (Part # MC210) can more easily be retro fitted to a trailer with an existing 2" outside diameter drawbar tube, and either bolted on with suitable 1/2" bolts (not supplied) or welded straight to the tube.
3. The 3 inch Bolt-on model (Part # MC240), designed for a trailer with an existing 3" outside diameter drawbar tube, and either bolted on with suitable 1/2" bolts (not supplied) or welded straight to the tube.
4. The "XL" version (Part # MC235) requires a 2" hitch receiver tube on the trailer to receive the coupler which slides into a 2" hitch receiver tube on the trailer, the same as the "Classic" version above, but with an extra 12 inches on the main shaft. This is useful for trailers that would benefit from increased tongue length (such as if you have a swing out wheel carrier on your tow vehicle etc). The XL model includes a few extra mounting pin holes for location versatility.
5. The 50 Degree A-Frame model (Part # MC265),designed to replace a standard ball coupler on a standard 50 Degree A-Frame trailer. It can be bolted (not supplied) or welded on to your existing trailer as an upgrade.
The vehicle end (yoke) is common to all versions we carry, and simply mounts to your towing drop hitch in the same way a standard tow ball would.
All versions we sell are rated as Class 3, 6000 pound capacity and are SAE-J684 compliant. Max Coupler products are made in the USA.
If the model you are looking for is not in stock, please contact us to reserve your Max Coupler from our next shipment.